August 5, 2010

Blogging about NickOS

I've been working on and off on my hobby OS for about the last 5 years. However, it's only in the last 3-6 months, that I've really but some mental muscle and time to developing it beyond the 'Hello World' stage.
I wanted to record my thoughts and processes, as the OS starts to take on real shape, somewhere other than in the books and scraps of paper that litter my desk, bag and counch at home. So this, is what you'll find in these pages.
It's an attempt to record the stages that I went through while developing NickOS and any opinions I may have at the time and in restrospect as to whether they were the right steps to take.
This is a fun topic, albeit a bit geeky, and I'm really grateful to all the people who posted tutorials and help documents that got me started. I guess I wanted to give something back in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment